WHO and not what to love

| |

It has come to my attention that since I embarked on this journey of well thought-out words, properly-constructed sentences and the occasional random rants ergo, blogging. I have yet to discuss regarding that something which is known for its warmth and fuzzy properties worldwide, it may be crazy and complicated at times but it was meant to be simply amazing and down-right wonderful *beams*.. It applies to ALL of us, age or background isn't much of a factor, we all know it.. Heck we all say it.
"I Love You."

Be it to your spouse who makes you breakfast and whom you greet every morning, your parents whom you wish before you head out the door to run errands, a significant other who bids you farewell for further education or simply your dog who welcomes you home with nothing but excessive amount of saliva just oozing out from its mouth a bucket load of slobber. See how these three words apply to just about anyone or in our time, anything. We all have, in one way or another uttered these words and hopefully, most of the time meant it but who or what we’re displaying our love towards, I know it can’t be judge for everyone has affections for various people or objects but it is overrated ONLY because we make it to be at times. 

My point about these famous three words is about how common and how loosely, if you will, they’re being used today. Girls who’ve made their way back from a high-end boutique would squeal something of this sort “OMG, my new LV heels are to die for! I just love them!” Hmmmm. You don’t say. As far as I know, the word “love” usually signifies something grand, real, and precious; something worth cherishing and sacrificing for, not something that brings comfort to the soles of your feet. When someone says “I Love You” it should be something sincere and of meaning, sadly it has come to nothing when we hear things like “I Love my new iPhone!”.. “I Love this cup of coffee!”.. “I Love my new top!” Makes me wonder, is there not a better word that can be slightly toned down to suite whatever object you’re trying to compliment?

Worst part is, while we’re happily parading our love towards our material goods, the people around us who so rightfully deserve our love are deprive of it. We lack the kind of TLC that we should be providing; instead we give our love to our possessions that really DON’T need our love, or at least like how people do. It is somewhat a shame seeing this phenomenon occur, our generation has become so caught up with materialistic and glamorous goods that we fail to recognize the other kind of goods that we ought to be treasuring all along-- our loved ones, family and friends.

And yeah, I know Valentine's Day is long gone but it is never too late to let those you love know that they matter to you so, do take your time and go the extra mile to show, express or better yet, display it all; they probably deserve it. I am reminded of the many people in my life whom I don't thank and let them know i love them enough, they deserve heaps more than what I've been offering. So yeah, I love you all, you know who you are and thanks for contributing in making me the person that i am today :) .. That being said, we're all emotional creatures that long for acceptance and love, hence it isn't enough to merely provide lip service, it doesn't do them justice. All in all.. if you can't do more, just do what you're doing, only do it better :) 


- c h e r
                                                                        

0 comments:

Post a Comment